In 1851, Alpha Delta Pi, then known as the Adelphean Society, was founded as the first secret society for women, setting the stage for all sororities to come. In 1906, the Adelphean Society was renamed to Alpha Delta Pi, becoming part of the Panhellenic sororities.
In 1913, Psi Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi was colonized at the University of California, Berkeley, as the 23rd chapter of the sorority.
For the last 165 years, Alpha Delta Pi has committed to sisterhood, values and ethics, high academic standards, and social responsibility, allowing each woman who joins to grow into a better scholar, leader, and individual. Our open motto, "We Live for Each Other," expresses the true meaning of sisterhood as an Alpha Delta Pi. Each woman strives to grow and improve herself while supporting her sisters.
Mascot: Lion (named Alphie)
Colors: Azure Blue, symbolic for friendship, & White, for sincerity and truth
Flower: Woodland Violet
To learn more about Alpha Delta Pi's history, visit our official international website.